Vancouver Energy Healing ~ Mara Hägglund (604) 790.6840
Integrative Energy Healing (Common Ground, 24/08/2009) Melinda Connor Ph.D.; Ruth Lamb, Ph.D. (c) Linda Turner, PhD (c).
iChill App - Free
This is a great App! Are you stressed out, not feeling like yourself or worried about a family member? iChill can help by teaching you the Community Resiliency Model, a set of self-help skills. this App was inspired by neuroscience, stress physiology and Somatic Experiencing. iChill was developed by the Trauma Resource Institute. You will learn simple info about how stress affects the mind and body.
BounceBack® is a free skill-building program designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered online or over the phone with a coach, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness. https://www.bouceback.ba.ca
Individuals at Imminent risk for suicide, please contact the following resources:
24-hour helpline for anyone in crisis. 1.844.741.6389 (toll-free)
ACCESS & ASSESSMENT CENTRE (VGH)
Walk-ins are accepted from 7:30 am-11:00 pm for acute mental health and addictions, suicidal thoughts, psychiatric crises, intake, and referral. Located in Segal Family Health Centre 803 W 12th Ave. (First Floor) 604.675.3700
WOMEN AGAINST VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
Support, advocacy, and referrals for female victims.
WAVAW 24-hour Crisis Line: 604.255.6344 1.877.392.7583 (toll-free)
VICTIMLINK For all victims of violence, abuse, stalking and other crimes.
24-hour crisis support and information in 110 languages. 1.800.563.0808 (toll-free)
CRISIS LINES BC
Distress Services: 1.800.SUICIDE (1.800.784.2433)
Greater Vancouver: 604.872.3311 Burnaby/Surrey/Fraser Valley: 604.951.8855
Richmond (8:00 am-midnight): 604.279.7070 BC-Wide (TTY): 1.866.872.0113
CRISIS CENTRE ONLINE CHAT 12:00 pm–1:00 am
For Youth: www.YouthinBC.com
For Adults (19+): www.crisiscentrechat.ca
- Barbara Brennan http://www.barbarabrennan.com/
- The program closed Dec 2020 due to pandemic Integrative Energy Healing Programs, Langara College http://langara.bc.ca/continuing-studies/programs-and-courses/programs/integrative-energy- healing/index.html
- Anodea Judith http://sacredcenters.com/about-us/anodea/
- Full Catastrophe Living-Using the Wisdom of the Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D.
- Wheels of Life-The Classic Guide to the Chakra System, Anodea Judith, Ph.D
- Eastern Body Western Mind-Psychology and the Chakra System as a path to the Self, Anodea Judith, Ph.D
- In An Unspoken Voice-How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness, Peter Levine, Ph.D
- Waking the Tiger, Peter Levine, Ph.D
- Spiritual Healing -Scientific Evaluation of a Healing Revolution, Daniel Benor, MD
- Hands of Light-A Guide to Healing through the Human Energy Field, Barbara Ann Brennan
- Seven Minutes to Natural Pain Release, Daniel Benor, MD
- Born to Heal, Ruth Montgomery
- Human Becoming, Ruth Lamb Ph.D
Published in The Scientific Review of Alternative Medicine, Vol. 3, No. 1, Spring/Summer 1999. http://www.colorado.edu/philosophy/vstenger/Medicine/Biofield.html
Victor J. Stenger. Department of Physics and Astronomy
2505 Correa Rd. The University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96822
Draft of March 25, 1999, 7:31 am